Jane Fonda: Life’s Third Act
In July 2011 Jane released a new book “Prime Time: Love, Health, Sex, Fitness, Friendship, Spirit – Making the Most of all of Your Life”. She also produced a TED Talk in December 2011 which was released this January. She is very passionate about researching the lives of the over-50 generation, and in which we find an extra 30 years added to our life expectancy. Jane’s metaphor for the aging timeline is not an “arch” , instead she sees it as a “staircase”– and these years aren’t just a footnote or a pathology. At TEDxWomen, Jane Fonda asks how we can think about this new phase of our lives and she suggests that we do a “life review“. She urges us in this review to embrace our past and move on to overcome it.
“Love life, engage in it, give it all you’ve got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it”.
- Jane Fonda’s Back In Her Leotard (huffingtonpost.com)
- Life’s third act: Jane Fonda on TED.com (ted.com)
- How Jane Fonda realized she didn’t need a man in her life (bazaardaily.com)
- Life’s Third Act – This Jane Fonda TED Talk Explores the Benefits of Aging (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Jane Fonda to show Anderson Cooper how to work out on tomorrow’s edition of his daytime show (pinkbananaworld.com)